Caltrans District 3
Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba Counties, CA
2008 – Present
Since 2008, Blackburn Consulting has provided on-call construction services to Caltrans’ District 3 under three contracts. These contracts required professional and construction engineering services to support of construction of state highways, interchanges, and bridges. Blackburn provides Caltrans-certified personnel to perform inspection, laboratory, and materials testing. Blackburn’s field representatives perform quality assurance construction inspection of roadway construction, batch plants, paving, striping, retaining walls, and utilities. Blackburn also provided materials testing of concrete, soil, aggregate base, structure backfill, Hot Mix Asphalt, and PCC paving.
Blackburn personnel performed construction services on many projects including:
- SR 89 Squaw Valley to Tahoe City
- SR 89 Animal Crossing at Sierraville
- SR 89 Lakeside (Tahoe City to Meeks Bay)
- Hwy 28 from Tahoe City to Kings Beach
- SR 267 Improvements Kings Beach
- Hwy 80 Truckee River Canyon
- Hwy 80 Bonded Wearing Course from Hirschdale Rd to Floriston Rd.
- US 50 Widening and Pedestrian Overcrossing Bass Lake and Missouri Flat
- Hwy 80 at Donner Summit Phases 1-3
- Hwy 80 Gold Run III
- Hwy 80 Emigrant Gap
- US 50 Lake Tahoe Trout Creek to Ski Run Blvd.
- US 50/89 Meyers to Alpine County Line
- Hwy 65 Lincoln Bypass
- SR 49 Downieville
- Hwy 89 – Cascade