Caltrans District 9 and Merced County (District 10), CA
Blackburn Consulting provided construction services under several contracts for Caltrans projects in District 9. Blackburn Consulting provided assistant resident engineering and construction inspection services for several projects on US395:
- US 395 Green Lakes CAPM Project – Blackburn staff served as the Assistant Resident Engineer and Construction Inspector during the project.
- US 395 Lee Vining Rockfall Project – Blackburn provided assistant resident engineer and inspection services for this slope stabilization project.
- US 395 Bridgeport Culverts Project – This culvert replacement project consists of 41 different work areas. Some of these areas contain environmental and culturally sensitive resources. Blackburn staff coordinated and scheduled environmental and cultural monitors in these areas as well as inspection of each structure.
- SR 6 McNally Shoulder Widening – Blackburn provided construction inspection and materials testing during this highway widening project.
- US395 Sheep Ranch Shoulders – Blackburn provided construction inspection and materials testing during this shoulder widening project.
Work under this contract involved a four-lane freeway on a new alignment with interchanges and bridge overcrossings and undercrossings. Blackburn provided quality assurance materials testers on these projects:
- Arboleda Drive – The $128.1 million project included constructing a new interchange on State Route 99 at Arboleda Drive and converted a four-lane expressway to a six-lane freeway from Buchanan Hollow Road to Miles Creek Overflow.
- Plainsburg Road – The $119 million project upgraded five miles of State Route 99 from a four-lane expressway to a six-lane freeway from just north of Chowchilla to Buchanan Road, including a new interchange at Plainsburg Road.
- Bradley Overhead at SR 140 – This project replaced an existing two-lane bridge with a new four-lane bridge
- West Merced Bridge Replacements – This $35 million project replaced a bridge on State Route 99 over 16th Street in Merced.