City of Elk Grove
Elk Grove, CA
2011 – 2018
Blackburn Consulting provided a variety of services for the City of Elk Grove through an on-call professional services contract. Services included geotechnical and geo-environmental consulting, materials and laboratory testing, and construction inspection for the City’s Development Services and Capital Improvement Program.
Blackburn completed over 100 projects with the City through this on-call contract, and we highlight a few key projects below.
- Union Park Way Roadway Rehabilitation — Blackburn evaluated conventional flexible pavement alternatives in addition to a roller-compacted concrete (RCC) alternative. The City selected the RCC pavement alternative based on life-cycle cost analysis and other factors.
- Civic Center Park Aquatic Center — Completed geotechnical services for Elk Grove’s new aquatic center building, community, senior, & veterans center building, Olympic-sized pool and two other swimming pools, trellis shade structures, hot mix asphalt and concrete pavements, exterior concrete flatwork, underground utility lines, and landscaping.
- Laguna Creek Sampling — Blackburn conducted compliance sampling and lab testing of composite soil samples from multiple creek dredging locations within the Elk Grove Basin. Test results indicated dredge materials complied with the Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) permit limits for placement of creek dredging sediment at the Special Waste Collection Center (SWCC) site.
- Madeira East, Zgraggen Ranch, Sungrove, Sterling Meadows, Poppy Keyes, and Laguna Ridge Pappas Developments — Blackburn Consulting performed quality assurance testing for City-owned roadways, sidewalks, and utilities within new residential developments. Blackburn performed HMA sampling and coring, aggregate base testing, concrete sampling and testing, and underground utility backfill testing.
- Sterling Meadows Phase 1A-1F, Madeira Village 8, Poppy Keyes East, Whitelock Parkway, Lotz Parkway — Blackburn field representatives performed construction inspection for underground utilities, roadway construction, sidewalks, curbs, gutter, and paving to verify conformance with City Standard Plans and Specifications.