Western Placer Unified School District
City of Lincoln
2005 – 2008
When the Western Placer Unified School District (WPUSD) built Lincoln Crossing Elementary School, they improved nearby Peter Singer Park to make it fit for joint use. The park improvements involved construction of:
- shade structures,
- play structures,
- light standards,
- baseball fields,
- hot mix asphalt parking areas,
- concrete flatwork, and
- underground utility improvements.
Blackburn Consulting provided geotechnical design for both the Lincoln Crossing Elementary School and the park improvement project. For the park improvements, Blackburn completed subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, and engineering analysis to prepare recommendations for:
- new hot mix asphalt and concrete flatwork pavement sections,
- foundations (shade structure, play structures, and light standards),
- building code seismic design parameters,
- grading, and
- trench backfill.
During construction, Blackburn:
- observed site grading,
- verified compaction for fill, subgrade, and aggregate base for park site, flatwork, parking lot, and driveway entrances, and
- performed asphalt testing for the parking lot.