2007 – 2009
This interchange project involved new diagonal and loop on-ramps, diagonal off-ramps, an overcrossing for Sunset Boulevard, and pipeline relocation. Blackburn completed a Foundation Report, Geotechnical Design Report, and Materials Report for construction of a new interchange and bridge structure. Blackburn completed subsurface exploration (drilling, trenching, and seismic velocity profiling), laboratory testing, and engineering analysis for:
- bridge and retaining wall foundations (shallow and deep),
- embankments and approach fill,
- slope stability,
- grading and earthwork,
- soil corrosion potential,
- culvert support,
- overhead sign foundations, and
- design of pavement structural sections.
Blackburn also completed an Aerially Deposited Lead (ADL) screening investigation to assess the potential for encountering lead during grading activities along SR65.